Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Travel Savvy Beauty



Every time I go on a trip across seas I try to prepare myself for anything, Months before I scurry around town and scour the Internet for items that will fresh and energised for a somewhat exhausting journey.

I should be a Pro at this by now, I have flown hundreds of 8 hour + flights yet i am still not even close to mastering it.

How do we not look and feel completely wrecked
when arriving at the destination?

It doesn't help that i am not a "sleeper" on flights but i know the basics, stay away from tea, coffee, alcohol and salt, which is by the way everything they GIVE you on the bloody airlines!

So, What Else Can We Do?

SKIN.
I am a fan of Evian face mists to freshen the skin, another alternative is Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist. Both of these products come in travel sizes which is handy.
Staying hydrated is the key, from the inside and out.

Using portable wipes is also essential Lemon fresh or lavender to relax is really nice (and also takes away that funny smell from the cockpit recycled air (or the person next to you)!

HEALTH.
Since we are on the subject of wipes lets always always remember the anti-bacterial wipes - public transport really brings out the OCD in me, I will always disinfect anything close to me seat handles, tray tables anything with a surface basically.

Exercise is essential to good circulation. If you have time do as much walking in the airport before your flight. Wear shoes that your feet have good circulation in too, ladies bring heels to change into later.

Bring your own snacks, fruit, nuts, seeds, a couple of cliff bars. You never know what is going to happen, The last flight I was on we were kept on the plane for 3 hours grounded with not even a peanut. You are required to buy snacks on most fights now and its a sorry choice of junk food.

STRESS FREE

I do my best to stay as calm as possible when flying. I bite my tongue and go with the flow, i tell myself to be prepared for anything. I load up my i touch with games, Skype (for free/ low cost calls) and Text free too.

Avoiding tea and coffee is not only good for hydration purposes it can also lower anxiety. Being stressed out ages the body faster than anything else.

Stay calm, Stay Beautiful!

Another way to avoid stress is simple follow their rules ( another situation where i bite my tongue ) Since the regulation is constantly changing i posted the latest rules for cosmetics.


Air travelers may now carry liquids, gels and aerosols in their carry-on bag when going through security checkpoints.

With certain exceptions for prescription and over-the-counter medicines, baby formula, breast milk, and juice, and other essential liquids, gels, and aerosols, the following rules apply to all liquids, gels, and aerosols you want to carry through a security checkpoint.

All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in 3.4 ounce (100ml) or smaller containers. Larger containers that are half-full or toothpaste tubes rolled up are not allowed. Each container must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or smaller.

All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveler can use only one, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag.

Each traveler must remove their quart-sized plastic, zip-top bag from their carry-on and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

HAPPY TRAVELS!

No comments:

Post a Comment